Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

500 server error

Quote Reply
500 server error
I installed Links2.0, went to the admin page, created a catagory, created a link in that catagory, did a "Build All" from the admin page, when I try and go to the pages built, like the home page, I get the 500 server error.

Any clues?

Thanks,

rpgman

Quote Reply
Re: 500 server error In reply to
Hi

500 errors are cgi errors, your pages are html, double check your url settings in links.cfg

Hoover your mouse over home page in the admin panel and see what url is showing in the status bar.

Check with ftp and try and locate where the pages are being built, with all this info you should find your misconfiguration

Good Luck

DavyC

Quote Reply
Looks like all the paths are correct. The premissions are correct. When I hoover over the pages that were built, it looks like the url's to the pages are correct.

If I at least get the admin page, and it creates catagories and links correctly when I test, doesn't that mean the paths and premissions are correct?

I'm lost. Is there anything else I can check or supply some more info here so someone can help me figure it out?

Thanks,
rpgman

Quote Reply
Ok, I got it to work. Had to move the pages directory out of the cgi-bin/links directory.

rpgman