Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Build Page Problem

Quote Reply
Build Page Problem
Hello,

I'm trying to install Links on my site and have gotten it to work before. All I want to do now is upload a new site_html.pl file. When I try to Build Pages from the admin section, I get the following error:

Content-type: text/plain Error including libraries: In string, @web now must be written as \@web at /data1/hypermart.net/web-dr/links/admin/site_html.pl line 154, near "@web" Unmatched right bracket at /data1/hypermart.net/web-dr/links/admin/site_html.pl line 1198, at end of line syntax error at /data1/hypermart.net/web-dr/links/admin/site_html.pl line 1198, near ";}" Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

--

What does this mean? How do I fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Build Page Problem In reply to
It means you made a mistake somewhere, but since we cannot see your site_html.pl file, its hard to determine where.

Please post it on your site, saved with a .txt extension so we can see it. Also mention which sections you were changing.

--mark

------------------
You can reach me by ICQ at UIN #8602162

Quote Reply
Ok,

I've uploaded site_html.pl to
I'm still getting the following error:

Content-type: text/plain Error including libraries: Unmatched right bracket at /data1/hypermart.net/web-dr/links/admin/site_html.pl line 1199, at end of line syntax error at /data1/hypermart.net/web-dr/links/admin/site_html.pl line 1199, near "}" Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

---

Thanks,
Ryan

[This message has been edited by RyanHudes (edited December 06, 1998).]
Quote Reply
1) you're going to need to tell us what section contains line 1199, so that we do not have to count down to there.

2) what was the last thing that you edited.

3) you are using megalinks, so the problem could be related to something you defined for it.

--mark

------------------
You can reach me by ICQ at UIN #8602162

Quote Reply
Hello,

The problem is contained in the following line:

----

</body>
</html>

~;

return $output;
}

##########################################################
## Category Listings ##
##########################################################

----

I edited all the HTML pages within site_html.pl. I'm not really using many of MegaLinks features. I can't find out what's wrong with this?

Thanks,
Ryan