Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Error? HELP!
I am a newbie @ setting this script up. I am getting the following error: Error including libraries: syntax error at links.cfg line 126, near "$build_detail_path = "/home"

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

This is what I have for that line:
# Detailed View: The script can build a single html page per link. This is
# great if you have a review in your database. To enable, you must set
# the directory where all the pages will be stored, the url to that directory
# and set the enable option.
$build_detailed = 1;
$build_detail_path = "/home/martialimports/Detailed";
$build_detail_url = "http://63.249.140.170/Detailed";

I did confirm w/ my ISp that thi is the correct path. I have checked FAQ and permissions. Totally stumped? Any help would be much appreciated.

This is the address w/ error:http://63.249.140.170/cgi-bin/links_admin/admin.cgi

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Error? HELP! In reply to
For easier management, you should REPLACE the following codes:

Code:

$build_detail_path = "/home/martialimports/Detailed";
$build_detail_url = "http://63.249.140.170/Detailed";

with the following codes:

Code:

$build_detail_path = "$build_root_path/Detailed";
$build_detail_url = "$build_root_url/Detailed";

And I would double check the ABSOLUTE PATH to your files and make sure that you have properly configured the following variables:

$build_root_path
$db_script_path

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I tried your suggestion and I got the following error:
Error including libraries: syntax error at links.cfg line 126, near "$build_detail_path = "$build_root_path/Detailed"

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Any other suggestions?

Quote Reply
Have you deleted $build_root_path from your links.cfg file?

That's the only reason I can think of that is causing the error message.

Please save your links.cfg file as a TEXT file, upload it to a publicly accessible directory in your web server, and then post the URL to the TEXT file, SO we can see the codes you are using...because you probably have inadvertantly screwed up the codes somewhere.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Here is the url of my site: http://63.249.140.170/links.cfg
I probably did screw up something... Please advise me on how I can fix this. Thank you!

Quote Reply
Changing this might fix your problem.
Code:
$db_mailer_log = "/home/martialimports/log/'';
to
Code:
$db_mailer_log = '/home/martialimports/log';
Your mixing quote types. See the double quotes on the left and two single quotes on the right? The path should be between the single quotes and without a trailing slash. You've corrupted the string values from $db_mailer_log to the end of the file. Basicly, Links thinks everything from $db_mailer_log to the first quote in $build_index is one string, which in turn totally screws up the sytax on the remainder of the file.

--Drew
Quote Reply
I tried the suggested above and now I have this error:

Error including libraries: syntax error at links.cfg line 95, near "$build_index = "index"
(Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 69)

Do I have bad luck?

Quote Reply
Oh...sorry. Looking back at the links.cfg you posted earlier, $db_mail_path had the same problem with the quotes.

--Drew
Quote Reply
Your $build_index config should look like the following:

Code:

$build_index = "index.html";

Change .html to the appropriate file extension you use.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok, now were on to the next error:
Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/martialimports/cgi-bin/links_admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Any ideas? Is anyone else having this much trouble? Or it's just a newbie thing?

Quote Reply
You have to use the COMPLETE ABSOLUTE PATH to the links.cfg file in the first require line in the admin.cgi file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee