Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

How to turn off "referer" ?

Quote Reply
How to turn off "referer" ?
Hi.

How can I turn off referer options? I want people to add their links as many as they want at least for now.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How to turn off "referer" ? In reply to
Sorry, docs aren't that clear right now (hey, it is a beta). The referer check means users will only be allowed to add sites if they add it from your form. You should set @referrs = ('yourdomain.com');

If you want to allow auto submission services that generally add low quality links, you can set @referers = (); and they will be allowed to add links.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Speaking of "low quality links" I would like a Links verssion that only permits Domain Name URLS, but no www.joe.com/.
In other words, nothing after the .com or .net etc etc. No /joe/junk/ ,,,etc.

Sol
Quote Reply
Shlomoh, there has been a mod wriiten (only about 5 lines) about this, go to http://www.adultjump.com/links/ In the Links Mods (somthing of that nature)it list url to it, it was written for 1.1 though, im not sure if it will work for 2.0 beta 3, you spicaify the domain names/keywords that can not be added there instally poped up with and error mess "The domain name whatever they enter that you dont want is BANNED from or site" You'll never get an email, or it wont show up in your database its just like them submitting a blank form,
Thanks
Joey