Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

I'm confused Help

Quote Reply
I'm confused Help
Alex and all,

I have installed Links 2b3 and it works fine partiallly.

I added a link and it apeared, however, wen I click on it to visit the link I get a empty page.

Also, I DISABLED Templates because I am not sure how to use templates.

I have found the Instructions to be lacking in simple instructions.

Also, in the scriots, a 0 sometimes means enable sometimes disable. Again, I am not very technical so I would like to see better instructions in simpler terminology and explanations of every feature.

I hope this is not asking to much.

here is my admin page http://www.karaim.net/...-bin/admin/admin.cgi

Before I desabled the Templates feature it worked fine, but then I would have to edit every Default.html page in every category, and I do plan on having many categories.

I also have a question.

When and how often do I need to use the "Build All" feature.

Why does the Validate option npt work in this version. If I am doing something wrong please help me out?

Also, when I click on the Help button, I get a blanc page again.

Thanks.

By the way, it only took me about 10 minutes to get it going
Quote Reply
Re: I'm confused Help In reply to
Hi Sol,

Documentation is still lacking, I hope to improve on that in the final version. Also on my to do list is a web based setup, however this will be a 2.1 feature, not a 2.0.

Quote:
When and how often do I need to use the "Build All" feature.

Building pages updates your New and Popular links as well as regenerates all your html pages. How often you do it depends on how often you change your links. If you only get one to two new links a week, then weekly is fine. If you get 10-15 links a day, then you probably want to do it daily.

As for validate (I assume you mean verify?), see the bug notice in the beta forum.

Hope this helps,

Alex