Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

I'm willing to pay!!

Quote Reply
I'm willing to pay!!
This is madness.. I have installed many cgi scripts.. and none has given me as much trouble as this one..
I am about ready to give..
I have sat here all day trying to figure this one out.. I have read post after post..changed things, fiddled and twiddled with things.. to just replace one error with another..
The latest...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Error including libraries: Can't locate object method "you" via package "have" at admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
--------------------------------------------------------
This one I haven't seen posted as yet..
So.. If anyone is willing to install this script for me.. I can pay for your time...

Heres hoping!!!

Tracy

Quote Reply
Re: I'm willing to pay!! In reply to
I haven't personally seen this error. The error is coming from the line that says to require perl 5.001. So, you might check with your webhost and make sure that you have perl 5.001 and nothing previous to that.

Later,
Paul

Quote Reply
Thanks Paul.
I deleted everything and started again.. Using the same settings.. and now.. at least I can get to the admin screen..

Thanks again

Tracy

Quote Reply
Great!!Smile Didn't know if that would help, but thought I would post anyway. Glad you got it working, so far, had to do the same thing when I first installed the script.
Later,
Paul

Quote Reply
Hi Tracy,

Not sure if this is going to help you out. But I had similiar problems and had to go through and check all my permissions. Cobalt servers seem to be a problem also.

George