Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

New Pages Not being Generated

New Pages Not being Generated
I had to move servers. In the process, I went from site_html.pl to site_html_templates.pl to make things easier. I put in the necessary modifications to give me the (Now) (3 days) (7 days) buttons.

The problem I am having is that the new page and icons are not showing. What is happening is that field 8 for isNew is changing to No from Yes in links.db when I run nph-build.cgi. Because of this, the script is never going to work.

I am not using the latest perl. I am on Perl 5.02. That is why the server change. The revious server upgraded and has probles with $date.

Could anyone help explain why this is happening or give me the posting that shows the proper installation for templates for the 3 icons?

Re: [jsprague2000] New Pages Not being Generated In reply to
Your links.db file is corrupted due to you adding a field via the links.def file without upgrading the links.db file.

Discussed before...search the Links 2.0 Customization and Discussion forums for adding fields.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [Heckler] New Pages Not being Generated In reply to
The links.cfg was never changed. I see how you thought that by me stating field 8 when I meant field 9. (Hit wrong number key).

Let's try this again.

Re: [jsprague2000] New Pages Not being Generated In reply to
Uh...when I did I mention links.cfg??? I referred you to the links.def file!! Which is the file that you hack to add new fields.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [Heckler] New Pages Not being Generated In reply to
I appreciate you trying to help but you are not getting the message. I have not changed or added any new fields. I am still running the same db and cfg.

I have given up on templates and brought back my old site_html.pl and decided to take a few hours to modify it with all the new changes. So far I have not only got the icons to work again but also the new page to show links again, categories to show in multiple columns and more.

it is a pain to use the program instead of templates. Reminds me of old Fortran type programming but if it works, then that is what I will use.

Consider this a closed item unless you want to figure out why not only I but other postings that are similar have never been answered properly.