Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
New color
What would be the easiest way to change the black "New" to a different color not using css? What would I change?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: New color In reply to
Do you mean next to the LINKS????

Then simply edit the link.html file...

remove <small><sup class="new"></sup></small> and replace them with your font codes.

Now if you mean the NEW next to CATEGORIES...edit the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the site_html_templates.pl file.

Learn some HTML while you're at. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes I was talking of the actual catagories-"New". I like the font but just want to change the font color. I did'nt want to mess anything up with the script I have the Yahoo add-on and wanted to make sure I do it right.

So I guess I :

"Now if you mean the NEW next to CATEGORIES...edit the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the site_html_templates.pl file."

and what do I change? I only want to change just the color of the "new" next to catagories? I like the font but the "new" font color is currently black.

Thank You.
Rick

Quote Reply
Look for the same sup codes I mentioned above in the subroutine I already mentioned! OR search for new in the site_html_templates.pl file.

Don't know how to do that? Look at the find/replace options in your text editor.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hello,

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. It works nice.

Rick

Quote Reply
I spoke to soon. I have the color and font right but whatever is directly below it gets squashed to the same font size. It keeps the right color but changes the font and font size. Here is what I changed.

# Then we print out the name linked, new if it's new, and popular if its popular.
$output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;
$output .= qq|<font face="Arial" size="1"><font color="#FF0000">New!</font>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);
$output .= qq|</dt>|;
$output .= qq|<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd>| if (!($description =~ /^[\s\n]*$/));
$output .= qq|</dl>|;
}

I tried putting a ; after the | on the above

$output .= qq|<font face="Arial" size="1"><font color="#FF0000">New!</font>|";"

But when I do that it wants me to download a file when I build all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Rick

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
But when I do that it wants me to download a file when I build all. What am I doing wrong?
Using the wrong code! - Remove that ;

Check you don't have conflicting tags in your template.

Paul Wilson.
http://www.wiredon.net
Quote Reply
Paul,

Could you would you help me? Please? I'm lost now.

http://writemeifyouwantthisagainpaul/links/pages/index.html

At least look at what I am saying. I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks Very Much
Rick

Quote Reply
Have you rebuilt?

If so remove all <small> tags or <font size="2"> or something like that from your home.html template near <%category%>

Paul Wilson.
http://www.wiredon.net
Quote Reply
Hello,

ok did it. same thing. I must be missing some sort of a closing statement or something in the site_html_templates.pl .

No matter what I try, I get the same thing. Any other ideas?
Oh, yes I am rebuilding and refreshing in between each change. Figured that out early on. :)

Rick

Quote Reply
The following codes:

Code:

$output .= qq|<font face="Arial" size="1"><font color="#FF0000">New!</font>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);

Should be:

Code:

$output .= qq|<font face="Arial" size="1" color="FF0000">New!</font>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);

AND remove all the other CSS codes in the sub site_html_print_cat routine...

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
It worked...It worked....It worked...... Yippe Yippe....

I am just so happy. It worked. You don't know how much I appreciate your help. Thank You! :)

Sincerely,
Rick

Quote Reply
You're welcome...and learn some HTML...that is the key to customizing the look and feel of Links and other CGI/Perl programs.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I'm working on it. Thanks.

Very Much
Rick