Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Now everything works except...

Quote Reply
Now everything works except...
Ok, now everything works fine, except for the add.cgi and modify.cgi...Now if I'm not mistaken, these use the nph-verify.cgi right? I'm not sure if I have the LWP module for the verify program, so is there a way to disable it? I always get a "500 internal server error" when I try to add files through the user interface (not the admin). If the verify.cgi isn't the problem do you have any idea what it could be?? I looked through the files over and over and can't find what's wrong. To see what I mean with the add.cgi and modify.cgi, check it out-
http://www.tddm.org/link/

Thanks!

------------------
MJ
Quote Reply
Re: Now everything works except... In reply to
Neither add.cgi nor modify.cgi use nph-verify that I know of. Both scripts use:

Code:
require "admin/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.
require "$db_lib_path/db.pl";
require "$db_lib_path/site_html.pl";

I'd double check the first line to each script to be sure they point to the correct location of perl on your system and that their permissions are chmod 755. Check the other user accessible scripts as well.

If you have access to the web error log on your system, you can check it to (hopefully) see what the exact error was.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

Quote Reply
Ok, I checked the path to perl and it is right, and I'm 99.99% sure that that code you wrote down is correct in the add.cgi and modify.cgi program. The permissions ARE set properly. It's weird in the add.cgi, the form to fill out comes up and if you enter all info correctly it comes up with a 500 error, however if you enter and email address as like just plain 'bob' (no @whatever) it has an error page, so I have no idea what's up with that. Any Ideas?

Thanks!
MJ
Quote Reply
I was just thinking about it...could it be the way I have my files & folders organized? I think I changed everything so it should work right, but it doesn't...Just thinking of all the possibilities.

Thanks!
MJ