Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Possible problem with Mailer.pm?

Quote Reply
Possible problem with Mailer.pm?
I am getting this message after I am trying to submit a new link : It seems to me that there is something wrong with the server though I am not sure.:

Error Message : fatal error: IO object version 1.20 does not match $IO:: 1.15 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 185.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/IO/Seekable.pm line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/IO/File.pm line 111.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/mike/public_html/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 24.

So before I use more time to figure out what could be wrong.

Should I blame my ISP for not installing the perl module properly?

T.J

PS. I moved the db file from another server and the build page system worked perfect.

-----------------
Just for the record. The link was added to the validitate file, and when I validitated the link it was added to the database. It seems to me that there is only something wrong with the mailing system.

T J

[This message has been edited by TJ (edited January 12, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Possible problem with Mailer.pm? In reply to
It's a problem with conflicting versions of modules on your system. I don't need the FileHandle module, so I'll remove it. Try beta 4 (which should be out in a couple of hours) and see if it fixes things..

Cheers,

Alex