Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Problem installing on NT

Quote Reply
Problem installing on NT
I have tried to install on NT, i have installed the NT patch, added the code for the path, transferred all files as ascii, read the faq, tried different paths, but i still get the following error when I try to add a category or link:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /Htdocs/admin/links.def in @INC at D:\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin/links.cfg line 116.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

When I click on build pages it tries to download a file.

I gotta believe this is a path problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Problem installing on NT In reply to
Also, when I click on any of the administration functions a new window opens... is this normal?
Quote Reply
You wrote:

D:\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin/links.cfg line 116.

The slash between 'admin' and 'links.cfg' is a backslash. Try using a forward slash. That might do the trick, I hope.

John
Quote Reply
Ok, I deleted everything - reinstalled and now I get the following error -

'D:\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin\admin.cgi\category' script produced no output

Am I getting closer to success??
Quote Reply
When you say "'D:\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin\admin.cgi\category' script produced no output", what did you click on Links that produces this error statement?

John
Quote Reply
WHen I try to click on add category I get this error.
Quote Reply
Give me the address of your website so I can see exactly what the problem is.

John
Quote Reply
http://207.5.46.84/admin
Quote Reply
Error I got was:

-----
Error including libraries: Can't locate /Htdocs/admin/category.def in @INC at D:\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin/links.cfg line 116.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
-----

You did NOT set the PATH of the Admin Script directory correctly. Use BACK-SLASH instead of forward-slashes. Try this:

\FTP\kteicher\Htdocs\admin\links.cfg

Let me know if it works!

John
Quote Reply
John: I think this might be an NT problem. I am not putting that slash, the script is adding it, and I think NT is messing around. I read another message here about someone else having problems with NT switching / and \.

I will keep playing! THANKS.
Quote Reply
I am having some other problems getting the program to run under NT but I did figure out this one.

If you use Unix style / instead of dos style \, it should work. In other words, d:/dir1/dir2/dir3/links.