Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

What's Cool shows no links

Quote Reply
What's Cool shows no links
I just upgrade from 1.11 to 2.0. At the moment I thought that everything went as smooth as it should be I noticed that the what's cool page does not show links but category's.

If someone has any idea what good be wrong here let me know. Before I post all the code there is perhaps give me a hint where to look for any error.
To see the what's cool page it's at http://www.tracksonline.com/resources/Cool/

Thanx,

Jeroen
Quote Reply
Re: What's Cool shows no links In reply to
I just found out that there are never any links shown when using templates. When switching templates of itīs working. Any ideas????
Quote Reply
Does your cool.html template file contain the <%link_results%> tag?
Quote Reply
Yes it does, I did not yet edited the templates so they are the original out of the package.

The strange thing is when I swith on the use of templates no links are displayed anywhere on the site. but when I switch off the use of templates the links are back. It's not an urgent problem any more because i decided to edit the site_html.pl instead of using templates. But I'm very curious what's wrong.

Jeroen
Quote Reply
Did you run upgrade.pl in your data directory when upgrading from v1 to v2? Did you rename the links2.db that it created to links.db? If no to either of these, it probably won't work in site_html.pl either.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited March 17, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I did all that. The strange thing is it does work with site_html.pl but not when using templates.

When I check the database it does have all the fields (also the two extra ones needed in version 2) and in the right place.

I can do everything with site_html.pl but not with the templates. It shows no links then only a few category's. It is the original site_html.pl that came with the version 2 so that should be working.

When you want to see the site it's at http://www.tracksonline.com/resources/

It's in development now using site_html.pl (since the templates are not working).

Jeroen