Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

What if I use a cgi-bin?

Quote Reply
What if I use a cgi-bin?
I have successfully installed DBMAN on my site and am trying to install LINKS 1.1 using the readme file instructions but I need more direction.

I have to use a cgi-bin and have installed other scripts that required changing certain files to a .pl extension. What adjustments to your Links default setup do I need to get it up and running? I am confident that if I get the default set-up to work I can modify the rest.

Thanks!

------------------

www.WhoYouKnow.com
Quote Reply
Re: What if I use a cgi-bin? In reply to
Its kinda easy, but can be comfusing, anyway if you haft to have all cgi scripts to be .pl then in your links.def change all of the .cgi to .pl the easest way I found to install Links in a cgi-bin is to make a dir cgi-bin/links chmod to 755 place you add.pl, modify.pl, jump.pl, search.pl in it, then make a new dir cgi-bin/links/admin chmod to 755 place all your admin files in their, and a dir links in your main web folder and chmod to 777 now open links.cfg again and change the first to varibales(path and url to admin dir) to point to your cgi-bin/links/admin then change the other 2 (path and url to main links folder in your main dir.) this should have you running, if you need some help email me at jbost@sheltonbbs.com I'll set it up for you.
Thanks
Joey Bost
jbost@sheltonbbs.com
Quote Reply
Thanks...I got it to work!! Check it out at: http://www.whoyouknow.com/portal

------------------

www.WhoYouKnow.com
Quote Reply
I'm real lost with the installations esp with the usage of cgi-bin.
jbost, can U explain again how to set it up with the cgi-bin?
To be exact, the stuffs need to be changed is in the file links.cfg rite?

Thanx
Quote Reply
Search for the thread called Links Installation. That will help with defining .cgi in the cgibin and .html outside.

--mark

------------------
You can reach me by ICQ at UIN #8602162