Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
email problem
When I call up the email.html and try to subscribe to the email list,it goes to the page that says
"this page can not be found. The last part of the address in the address window says the following.
myname/admin/templates/<%db_cgi_url%>/subscribe.cgi
should this have been converted--> <%db_cgi_url%>

Quote Reply
Re: email problem In reply to
Have you hacked the site_html_templates.pl file? If you are using the SNAP templates like you mentioned earlier, you should know that it is not very stable.

Check the %globals hash in the site_html_templates.pl file to make sure that you have the following codes:

Code:

db_cgi_url => $db_cgi_url

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
db_cgi_url => $db_cgi_url is in the %globals.
When I run the build pages from my admin page, it builds all the pages for the site, such as.
| Home | Add a Site | Modify a Site | What's New | What's Cool | Random Link | Search |
but not the email.html.
When I click on the other pages and view the source the actual addresses are there.When I view the source of the email.html the following type call symbals are there, they have not been converted to addresses.
<%db_cgi_url%>
<%Contact Email%>

Quote Reply
Right...those are TAGS and they are maintained in ALL the template files! Don't really understand the problem!

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for your help to my other posts to this forum, I was able to fix them with your input.
This is an email problem..
1- When a link is added to the script they include their email address, should that email address be added automatically to the email db? mine does not add it.
2-When I try to send a newsletter or email to links owners I get the following error message..
"Links Manager: Mailing Users
Mailing Users
Mailing started on Wed Jan 3 11:10:45 2001
No message defined! Aborting!"

I Could use some input here.
Thanks,

Quote Reply
When I perform a build all through the admin page it creates new index pages from some of the templates. The new index.html pages no longer have the Tags that were present in the templates, they were replaced by the actual url's during the building process and they work fine.
The build all does not build a email.html page. How do I build a email subscribe index page from the email template page?
Or do I have to do it manualy and substitute the tags for actual urls?
I think if I fix one problem at a time I might get all the bugs out.
Thanks