Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

syntax error on links.def for the logo link mod

Quote Reply
syntax error on links.def for the logo link mod
I have just installed the link 2.0 script. every thing worked fine until I put the logo link mod in. Now every time I try to log into admin i get the following error

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: syntax error at /home/homewithgod/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.def line 37, near "Graphic"
syntax error at /home/homewithgod/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.def line 89, near "Priority"

Script Location : admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

I have double checked the code that I pasted in and it seems to be the same as the mod.

I have put a copy of the link.def in a public file, it can be seen at http://www.homewithgod.com/test/links.def
Quote Reply
Re: syntax error on links.def for the logo link mod In reply to
I got that part fixed, now if I can finish it without anymore errors
Quote Reply
Please tell me how you fixed your syntax error.

i have one and can't seem to de bug it.

mic
Quote Reply
My problem was where I defined graphic in the database definitions in the links.def
I did not put a comma on at the end of Receive Mail right above it, and the number that I assigned it was not in sequential order and that number had to match the number in the important fields section. If that doesn't help you might post your code in those 2 areas of the links.def where other people can look at it and maybe spot the problem.

------------------
Jimmy Crow
www.homewithgod.com