Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
templates
I have edited all the templates to better fit my site yet I still do not see them and yup they are all uploaded. What am I missing. I have $build_use_templates = 1; in the links.cfg I believe 1 is the true statement? I am really lost please give as much help as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: templates In reply to
A couple of things to look at:

1. Have you rebuilt the pages since the templates were edited and uploaded?

2. Are the paths in links.cfg pointing to the correct directory for building the pages?

3. Do you get any error messages during the build process?

4. Are you using tables in your templates? If so, are they all (and their elements) closed properly?

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Since the unknown tag comes up in each of your category pages, I would surmise that it does exist in the category template file you are using. If it didn't, it wouldn't say that. Go into the template file you use and do a search for <%meta_keyword%>. It has to be in there someplace.

Actually, though, that keyword should be available for your category template because it is defined in site_html_templates.pl in sub site_html_category in the variable list for the template file, category.html:

Code:
return &load_template ( 'category.html', {
date => $date,
time => $time,
category => $category,
links => $links,
title_linked => $title_linked,
title => $title,
total => $total,
grand_total => $grand_total,
category_name => $category_name,
category_name_escaped => $category_name_escaped,
category_clean => $category_clean,
description => $description,
meta_name => $meta_name,
meta_keywords => $meta_keywords,
header => $header,
footer => $footer,
prev => $prev,
next => $next,
related => $related,
build_links_per_page => $build_links_per_page,
%globals
} );

By the way, I like your site's layout. Looks nice and will look even better when the links are there. Wink

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited March 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for your help, I got the templates working...well they are visible any way. I am still havving some problems though. After clicking on a catagory it directs me to the correct page but the links do not show up. I get this message instead "Unkown Tag: meta_keywords" That tag does not exist in the document, so I am a bit lost...If you could take a swing by http://www.gallowaysnet.com/links and try going to the different catagories. Each one shows up different than the other, and none display the links in that catagory

[This message has been edited by Ian Galloway (edited March 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for the compliment on the layout.

I am now getting some very strange things happening. When I try to view a catagory page or most other pages for that matter it seems to be writing my page over and over. I cant really explain it other than saying my page is being written in itself over and over for each link? If you could please take a look i would appreciate it. Ive been working at this for HOURS and cant seem to get it.
http://www.gallowaysnet.com/links

try viewing catagories, searching, looking at whats new etc. and youll see what I mean
Quote Reply
Wow, that is weird. =) Can you post a copy of your category template on the net somewhere?

----------------------------
Actually, I think it's because you have defined your link.html template to be an entire page rather then just a link. i.e. when you go to the Computers and Internet category, you get the image map four times, once for each link. The link template should only display the html for one link, nothing else. Post a copy of it if you are still having problems.

Cheers,

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited March 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex Smile. The links.html template was it.It took me 4 hours and I still couldn't get it. Actually never looked at it. Things seem to be ironing out now, so im quite happy. (That was my first experience with cgi) :O and you and Bobsie made it easy for me. Gossamer Threads will be one of the first sites I add to my links collection! Do you have a gallery of sites who use your program?
Ian@gallowaysnet.com
www.gallowaysnet.com/links
Quote Reply
OK...

I m trying to EDIT all the Template to meet my site display like YAHOO... But can you give me TIPS on how to edit the SITE_HTML.PL ??

Any Editing in that CGI?? because everytime we ADD NEW DIR. or LISTING It ll create a NEW ONE and link to a a NEW DIR.. but the format is gonna be the same as the Orginial ONE??.. I tried one it did like that..

Please Help me to edit the SITE_HTML.PL

PLease ALAX and Other Respective Webmasters??

Thanks Millions for a source codes and TIPS from You GUYS!

Good Day!