Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

About Fileman on my Server

Quote Reply
About Fileman on my Server
I just searched for a nice script like this to share music with friends over my Server. Now...can someone tell me how to overwork 16.200 files with INVALID CHARACTERS ??? What a fake. Why Fileman does not Accept very Important Charaters ( & + ~ ' ) ??????

I just removed this Script now....and all what i can tell is is was WASTED TIME because i don't overwork all my files and i'am not a Programmer . I can't overwork the Script to change this sh..

Greetings
Mike Wornath
Official - DJ's - Worldwide

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 16, 2003, 2:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Mike_Wornath] About Fileman on my Server In reply to
First of all, I've edited your post. There is no need to put it all in red & bold.. it makes it unreadable! If you wanna vent, please do it somewhere else!

Now, down to your problem.

This isn't a limitaton of Fileman, but a problem with the server platforms it runs on. These kind of charachters are *banned* because otherwise harmful commands could be run via Fileman. How would you like it if some clerver person decide to upload a file, which deleted your whole site? There is logic behind it ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] About Fileman on my Server In reply to
Thx for your answer.

Ok...it's Logical..-))
But i only share with some DJ's and there are good friends.
You can remove this if you need. I just found another script that works perfect without problems in a Multiuser Function.

The best is....it is freeware.
Sorry about this..but i can't rename or overwork all my files...because that needs days.

ffileman 'Web Based File & Directory Manager'

Greetings
Mike Wornath
Official - DJ's - Worldwide

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 16, 2003, 3:03 PM