Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Alternate font in editor

Quote Reply
Alternate font in editor
Using the single-user fileman, how do I specify a different font in the file editor? I'd like to use Courier New, which is better for reading code files, but I'm not sure where I can change this. I have seen this done in some installations of fileman.

Thanks,
Aaron.
Quote Reply
Re: [asherber] Alternate font in editor In reply to
Does anyone have a response to this? I would really like to change the font in the editor, too.

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] Alternate font in editor In reply to
Just simply change the font in the editor_dialog.css and editor_editor.html files.

Hope this helps.

B.

Last edited by:

604: Feb 23, 2006, 9:41 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [604] Alternate font in editor In reply to
Thanks for your response.

I edited the editor_dialog.css file, changing all of the references to "font family" to:

font-family : monospace;

And I changed the reference in editor_editor.html to

font-family : "<%if advanced_editor_font%><%advanced_editor_font%><%else%>monospace<%endif%>";

There wasn't a change in the editor when editing text. If I click the Switch to HTML button, I get a monospaced font. I'm not sure whether it was that font before or not. But when I'm editing plain text, which is what I really want to do, I still am getting the sans-serif font.

I don't know much, if anything, about templates, but I noticed "if advanced_editor_font" and I was wondering if I needed to change that somewhere. The only place I could see where it was defined was in the FileMan.pm file. I changed that to

advanced_editor_font => 'courier new'

I've also changed it in the "Prefs" window.

I did log off of FileMan and closed the browser, then started it back up. The editor for text still displays in a sans serif font. It seems that I can get everything in a monospaced font except the thing I really want. :-)

Any other ideas? Have I done anything wrong that needs to be changed back?

JPD
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
Quote Reply
For the text editor, you need to change the file_editor.html instead. It should be look like:

<textarea name="content" class="object" style="width:100%" rows="<%if rows%><%rows%><%else%>20<%endif%>" wrap='off' style="font-farmily: PUT_YOUR_FONT_HERE"><%if content%><%content%><%endif%></textarea>

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [604] Alternate font in editor In reply to
I'm afraid it still is using the sans serif font. I tried both monospace and Courier in the PUT_YOUR_FONT_HERE place.

I guess I can do without the text editor.

Thanks for your help.

---------------------------

Edited to add:

I found it!! It was in the fileman.css file. I changed every reference to fonts to

"Courier New",monospace

Yay!!

Thanks for your help.

JPD
JPDeni's DBMan-ual

Last edited by:

JPDeni: Feb 23, 2006, 4:22 PM
Quote Reply
Congratulations for managing to fix it ;)

Nadeem Azam
Azam.biz, Inc., London
Click here to develop a residual income stream