Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Blank Page after login

Quote Reply
Blank Page after login
I installed fine and have the images directory under /gossamer/images and the ConfigData.pm file seems fine but after the login screen i get the following ouput on the screen:

Set-Cookie: username=tate Set-Cookie: password=taYVZxUh2Vgh6 Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:29:21 GMT Content-type: text/html

and then the page just remains blank like it is hung. I can view the source of the page but nothing shows up in my browser

below is my ConfigData.pm file

{
'cookie' => '1',
'password' => '*****',
'html_root_url' => 'http://www.tagteamcomputing.com/gossamer/images',
'reg_number' => undef,
'passwd_dir_level' => '0',
'root_path' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html/cgi-bin',
'priv_path' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html/cgi-bin/private',
'checkspace' => '0',
'image_path' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/gossamer/images',
'command_time_out' => '20',
'template_root' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html/cgi-bin/private/templates',
'username' => 'tate',
'path_to_perl' => '/perl/bin/perl.exe',
'allowed_space' => '0',
'version' => '2.0.3',
'root_url' => 'http://www.tagteamcomputing.com/cgi-bin',
'single' => '1',
'root_dir' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html/cgi-bin'
};

If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. i would really like to test out this product.

thanks

tatego
just mail him his clothes
Quote Reply
Re: [tatego] Blank Page after login In reply to
Hi,

It looks like your Fileman was installed on a Windows system. Could you just send me your ftp information via private msg? I'll take a closer look at it and might be able to help.

Cheers,
Jean
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Can you get rid of the command below around line #99 within FileMan.pm

print $self->{in}->header;

If it does not help, I might need your server access to have a closer look.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Blank Page after login In reply to
I have tried that and still no luck. Jean has mentioned helping as well if i give you my account info. how can i send you a private message with my info.
thanks
tate
Quote Reply
Hi Tate,

If you click on Jeans name you can access his profile. You should see a button at the bottom to private message him.

Regards,
Charlie

Last edited by:

Chaz: Jan 7, 2003, 6:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Blank Page after login In reply to
Jean has helped my by finding out that my web host provider doesnt do the cookies the way fileman likes and so i have to use http authentication to protect fileman. it works but i have changed

'root_path' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html'

'root_url' => 'http://www.tagteamcomputing.com'

'root_dir' => 'd:/html/users/tagteamcomputingcom/html'

so that i could see my entire site not just the cgi-bin. before the three above mapped down to the cgi-bin. Well now i can see the whole site but i cant edit or create or do anything except view any files outside of the cgi-bin. do i need to uninstall and recompile to get it to work right and if so how do we uninstall.
thanks
tate
Quote Reply
What error(s) are you getting when you try to create/edit a file? Can you create/edit in the cgi-bin?

~Charlie
Quote Reply
yes everything works fine inside or under the cgi-bin directory. the problem come in outside that directory.

If i try to create a new file named test.txt i get:

can not open file test.txt

if i try to create a new directory named mytest in the folder test i get:

the test file is not writeable

any ideas/

thanks...Tate
Quote Reply
It sounds like a permissions problem. I'm not familiar with how permissions work on windows servers though. Check with your support and see if they can tell you how to change the permissions or if they can change them for you.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
I cant really see how it could be a permissions problem on the server. i am able to create new files and folders using cuteftp as well as another asp based file management script. If there is a permissions problem it must be in filemanager based on the directories selected when i compiled. the original root menu was the cgi-bin as the documentation specified , however, that doesnt really do me any good.

Does anyone have any other ideas? perhaps if someone could tell me the proper way to uninstall i could try to reinstall and set the root directory to be other than the cgi-bin and see if that works.

thanks

tate
Quote Reply
Looks like Chaz was right. my server techs seem to have messed up some permisions and after asking them numerous times to check it they finally have it set right and it is working.
thanks for your help