Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Can't delete files and folders - please help!

Quote Reply
Can't delete files and folders - please help!
I tried and failed to install Fileman. Eventually somebody helped me to install it in a different folder.

However, I can't delete the original, failed install with either my new Fileman or WS_FTP Pro.

WS FTP states:

550 /public_html/fileman: Operation not permitted

Fileman states:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::Template (15164): Unable to run compiled template file '/home/junk2/public_html/scgi-bin/fileman-2.0.1/private/templates/compiled/confirm_delete.html.compiled'. Reason: $@: Missing right curly or square bracket at /home/junk2/public_html/scgi-bin/fileman-2.0.1/private/templates/compiled/confirm_delete.html.compiled line 104, at end of line (Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 102)syntax error at /home/junk2/public_html/scgi-bin/fileman-2.0.1/private/templates/compiled/confirm_delete.html.compiled line 104, at EOF. $!: at /home/junk2/public_html/scgi-bin/fileman-2.0.1/private/lib/GT/FileMan.pm line 154.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I can manage all the other files with the working Fileman - they have the username 'junk2'. But the files I can't delete, the Fileman folder and its files have the username 'nobody'.

Thank you for any possible advice you may be able to offer on how to delete these redundant files.

Nadeem Azam
Azam.biz, Inc., London
Click here to develop a residual income stream

Quote Reply
Re: [1Lit.com] Can't delete files and folders - please help! In reply to
Hi,

You should use your working installation of FileMan to remove the old bad installation. If that fails, email your ISP and ask them to remove the directory.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.