Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

ConfigData.pm and login process

Quote Reply
ConfigData.pm and login process
Crazy Is the login username/password information stored anywhere other than in the ConfigData.pm file.

I Know that cookies are stored in my profile in Windows for fileman and there is a comparison when the cookie is placed there upon login to fileman.

Somehow, I have the username/password correctly in the ConfigData.pm file, but during login it requires a previously used username/password. I assume this is stored somewhere I did not delete when I deleted the files to re-install fileman2 single user verison.

The htaccess file is in place, but there is no htpasswd file. The htaccess file has group set to /dev/null. This was automatically created by fileman2 when it was installed in the creation of the directories and files for fileman2 functionality.

Last edited by:

m_ameigh: May 26, 2002, 12:57 AM
Post deleted by m_ameigh In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [m_ameigh] ConfigData.pm and login process In reply to
Blush There is a config.cache file.... I deleted the files for fileman2 and reinstalled it into the directory and now it works ok. I was going to detete my message altogether, but it only let me delete the reply so I had to put in another reply.

Angelic Just realized the login is to fileman2 files and the htaccess is to the root directory. I did not put the fileman in the root directory, but did put the images directory/subdirectories in the root directory. On Apache for Windows, the fileman2 cgi files and such are in the cgi-bin and the user directory is elsewhere. When I had the images directories in the cgi-bin, my images did not appear and the program did not operate well. All is well now.

Shocked Just realized that the time listed on this post is 2am and it is breakfast time here and the Sun is coming up if it stops raining so it can be seen through the dark clouds. Anyway, must be the clock for this forum is in California, USA. We are in the Northeast of USA.

Last edited by:

m_ameigh: May 26, 2002, 2:20 AM