Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Fileman alternative - WebFileManager 1.7

Quote Reply
Fileman alternative - WebFileManager 1.7
Well, for those giving up on this nice free program being frustrated with lack of support and the dropping of the BODY tag, I found WebFileManager 1.7 from http://www.cfconsultancy.nl/editor.php.....its only $36 bucks and works right after the install.....

I will continue to look here for a new release that has a few bugs fixed and would jump back to it when that happens...
Quote Reply
Re: [napleswebguy] Fileman alternative - WebFileManager 1.7 In reply to
Hmmm... Fileman is an incredible piece of software. It is a pity that there is not much support on these forums, but my emails to Gossamer have always been responded to.

What are you referring to in terms of "dropping of the BODY tag" please? And what advantages would you say WebFileManager has over Gossamer's Fileman? The preview feature in WebFileManager is superior (new window), but CSS Editors etc. are available for free all over the net.

Nadeem Azam
Azam.biz, Inc., London
Click here to develop a residual income stream

Quote Reply
Re: [1Lit.com] Fileman alternative - WebFileManager 1.7 In reply to
The BODY tag removal has been an issue for awhile with this program....I have read many complaints....basically when you load a webpage into the html editor is strips the whole <BODY> tag line thus removes whatever background image or color and margins you had.....then when you save the webpage its wrong....so makes the whole proigram useless unless you happen to have designed the site with a white background and used the standard margins from top and left......I tried the fix someone posted but it just makes the editor not even load the webpage at all.....the part that bugs me is the lack of support that some of us have gotten.....Ive read several posts with NO reply gievn by the programmer.....even one right before my post hasnt been replied too.....I emailed the company and did get a reply telling me they are working on a new version by the end of the year.....I said thats great and all but how about a fix for my problem now and was told that if I got no reply then thats it......

Anyway....this isnt a trash Fileman post by any means....I would love for someone to tell me how to keep the BODY tag in tact and not removed and I could use it as is untl the next update came out.....