Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

HTML Editor and Port No.

Quote Reply
HTML Editor and Port No.
What a wonderful tool! But I've experienced problems in using it. Hope someone can help! (I attach a screen sample)

1. In the HTML editor all popup windows do not work. I've tried uninstalling and moving the stuff all over my server but the problems still exist. Could it because I am using port 8010 for the application (URL is "http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8010/cgi-bin/fileman/fileman.cgi")?

2. After clicking the SAVE button on preferences form, the port no. 8010 in the URL disappear, causing a "cannot find server" error.

3. Some of upper tool bar items cannot be shown completely, can I do anything to decrease the size of the font?

Thanks in advance!

Pelon
Quote Reply
Re: [pelon] HTML Editor and Port No. In reply to
Hi,

We'll look into the port number problem. Both 1 and 2 definately sound like it's related to the port number.

As for font size, you can edit the template (it's a bit hard as it's done via Javascript).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [pelon] HTML Editor and Port No. In reply to
Hi,

We tried using another port (8080) but it still works fine. Could you send me your admin information in private. I'll look into it and will help you to fix it out.

Cheers,

Jean@Gossamer Threads[/url]

Last edited by:

jean: Mar 4, 2002, 4:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] HTML Editor and Port No. In reply to
I found that any link that calls the js_open_link function fails when you are using a port other than 80. The reason is because in the home.html template file, the variable 'url' is built at the top of the page using 'window.location.hostname', which does not return the port number. You have to also include 'window.location.port' to get the port.

Fortunately, location.port returns a blank if the port is 80, so it only returns a value for other than 80 anyways.

I modified the script in home.html to handle either option. Try this:

var port = window.location.port;
if( port.length > 0 ) {
port = ":" + port;
}
var url = window.location.protocol + '//' + window.location.hostname + port + window.location.pathname + '?<%if url_opts%><%url_opts%><%endif%>';

I've tested it on localhost, on a regular port 80 site and on ot80. Seems to work fine. strPort will be a zero-length string if port is 80, so there are no errant spaces in the url.

I did discover that if you want to modify the template scripts, you have to go into the compiled folder and delete the corresponding file there afterwards and then refresh.