Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Is the "-T" necessary?

Quote Reply
Is the "-T" necessary?
I just installed the freebie version of FileMan on a Win2k/IIS server, and I had a question for y'all: I got everything installed just fine, and started to run the program, but it gave an error saying the program returned incomplete HTTP headers or something like that because of some error about the "-T" flag after the perl path.

Sooo, I opened the file and removed the "-T" from the path, and now it all seems to run fine and dandy. Granted I haven't been able to test every single little detail, but it at least appears to all be working. So my question is, is it ok to have removed the "-T" from after the perl path? Is something going to be majorly screwed up later or anything going to go wrong? Since it works now, I really hope nothing major is wrong with removing it, because adding it back will break the script again.

Thanks in advance. :)

---Jamin
Quote Reply
Re: [Jamin] Is the "-T" necessary? In reply to
It's for taint checking. Help to locate and prevent any ovbious and subtle traps within the perl code.

It's a good practice to use, but perl's might picky about how it's used. It might be that the window's version don't like it.

You can run perl w/out trouble w/out -T. You're safe.
Quote Reply
>>Sooo, I opened the file and removed the "-T" from the path, and now it all seems to run fine and dandy. <<

I've experienced this recently on RedHat and still don't know why it happens. I posted a thread in the Perl forum I think but no-one replied.
Quote Reply
The -T switch is used to taint data. This is extremly important for any CGI script and should be used religiously when programming CGI scripts.

- wil