Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Java Script Errors?

Quote Reply
Java Script Errors?
Installation went fine - however nothing seems to work except for the "preferences" link. All other links give a "javascript error" and the links do not work?

Also, none of the graphics work - which I suppose is because the graphics all ended up in the cgi-bin directory even though I specified that they should be in a different directory in the installation process.

Also, I now cannot delete the files because the permissions were changed by the program during the installation. This is a "top-notch" program? I'd hate to see the "lower-rung". :-)

Any ideas what to do in order to get this to work?

Donm
Quote Reply
Re: [donm] Java Script Errors? In reply to
Hi Domn,

Quote:
Installation went fine - however nothing seems to work except for the "preferences" link. All other links give a "javascript error" and the links do not work?

Also, none of the graphics work - which I suppose is because the graphics all ended up in the cgi-bin directory even though I specified that they should be in a different directory in the installation process.

The problem is indeed because the images, and JavaScript files, are in the cgi-bin. Although, I can't say that I've ever seen the FileMan install script put the files in directories other than what I specify, very odd. A miss-key on your part, perhaps?

Anyhow, try searching for images and cgi-bin in this forum. Lots of people made the same mistake and there are lots of solutions already posted here for you to read through.

Quote:
Also, I now cannot delete the files because the permissions were changed by the program during the installation.

This is more than likely due to the lack of a cgi wrapper. Again, the search button is your friend. Try searching for wrapper and suexec in this forum. It's already been addressed several times.

Quote:
This is a "top-notch" program? I'd hate to see the "lower-rung". :-)

Once you get it installed properly, you'll see why so many people consider it "top-notch" :)

Regards,
Charlie