Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Look of Opening Page

Quote Reply
Look of Opening Page
I'm testing the single user version (successfully!) but will be buying the multiuser version in the next few days.

I've tested Fileman on a number of different brands of workstations that are using a variety of screen settings which is the "real world" on a medium size network.

The bottom frame in the opening screen is either not visible
or partially visible on about half of the workstations tested. Is there a way to either resize the center frame down in size or make the bottom frame scrollable? Fileman will be for student use at grade 7 and above for teacher use.

As we all know, the students will have the least trouble, however, the teachers will freak if the frame is cut off.

Based on the users I decribed above, any help or suggestions from experience to make Fileman "dummy proof" will be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Quote Reply
Re: [dspivey] Look of Opening Page In reply to
Hi dspivey,

The frames are set up in the home.html template (near the bottom) located in the private directory. I just looked at it and it seems that the middle frame should be dynamic and adjust automatically. However, it sounds like that's not the case for you. Try your other option, set the scrolling attribute to yes in the bottom frame and see how that goes. That will probably be a pain to work with though. Most of your functions are handled in that frame.

As for suggestions on dummy proofing FileMan, just make sure you disable every command that they don't absolutely need. I went as far as making sure that those commands didn't even display in the templates if they didn't have access to it. There's not much more you can do to it beyond that though.

Regards,
Charlie