Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Newbie can't see Fileman Icons

Quote Reply
Newbie can't see Fileman Icons
After installing fileman, I don't see any of the scripts icons on the fileman.cgi page. Properties indicates that they have valid paths and CuteFTP verified that they are where they should be. What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: [pezastic] Newbie can't see Fileman Icons In reply to
If you call the image via a browser (i.e. copy and paste the URL of the dead image into the address bar), do you see a valid, or dead image?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Newbie can't see Fileman Icons In reply to
I get:

Internal Server Error: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Brad
Quote Reply
Sounds like you have the images setup within the cgi-bin. Try installing it with the images folder outside of the cgi-bin.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Newbie can't see Fileman Icons In reply to
Thanks, it looks perfect now. I wished the README had said not to install the images in the cgi-bin.
Quote Reply
The name "cgi-bin" is the hint. It's for "cgi" scripts =)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Newbie can't see Fileman Icons In reply to
I understand. As I recall, the script defaults to that directory upon configuration. I just went with the default, instead of altering it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Quote Reply
BTW, over one year later and the default path for images is still in the CGI-BIN folder. I guess it isn't a great issue to anyone, as certainly nobody could be as stupid as I was. Right?