Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

PROBLEM, permission denied PLEASE HELP

Quote Reply
PROBLEM, permission denied PLEASE HELP
Hi Everyone,
I just tried to install fileman for my site but it is not working...here are the errors:

Unable to write to directory (/home/secunde/www.**********.biz/cgi-bin). Reason: (Permission denied)
Could not make directory (/home/secunde/www.**********.biz/cgi-bin/private). Reason: Permission denied
Could not make directory (/home/secunde/www.**********.biz/cgi-bin/images). Reason: Permission denied
Unable to write to directory (/home/secunde/www.**********.biz). Reason: (Permission denied)

Please forgive the "*****'s" but I just dont want to take a chance....Tongue
Any help appreciated.....thank you in advance,

-Ryn.
Quote Reply
Re: [musicgu7] PROBLEM, permission denied PLEASE HELP In reply to
Can you Telnet/SSH into your account and see what the permissions and owner/group of those dirs are by chance? That would help to solve your problem. Specifically the permission on these dirs:

/home/secunde/www.**********.biz
/home/secunde/www.**********.biz/cgi-bin

Try setting them to 755 if they are not already and see if that helps.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Charlie Piper] PROBLEM, permission denied PLEASE HELP In reply to
Hi,
Thank you for replying.

Excuse my ignorance, but i dont know how to telnet/SSH but i did go to the directory with "cuteftp" and see that the directory is 755 already....
Any other suggestions welcome....

Have a nice day,
-Ryan
Quote Reply
[edit]deleted post[/edit]

...I misread your post. I was giving you direction for something that you've already done!

Are both directories 755? Try 775 and see if that helps.

CP

Last edited by:

Charlie Piper: May 21, 2002, 5:14 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Charlie Piper] PROBLEM, permission denied PLEASE HELP In reply to
Hey,

I changed both directories to 755 and then 777,
Still no luckFrown .
What next?
-Ryan
Quote Reply
I'm at a loss on this one. The "Reason: (Permission denied)" error implies that the path is correct but you can't write to it. If you tried 777, you should be able to write to it without a problem. I did a quick search on the error and didn't come up with much besides what you have already tried. Maybe TheStone will have another idea for you if he sees this.

Good Luck,
Charlie