Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Permissino Denied

Quote Reply
Permissino Denied
Hi, im getting this message when i try to upload something to my server. Im running NT

I can create New directorys
and create files but not upload anything

CGI open of .\CGItemp4320001: Permission denied

Hope u can help Smile

------------------
Re: Permissino Denied In reply to
I ge the same error runing on NT with iis4. the error is CGI open of .\CGItemp4320001: Permission denied, however the 4320001 number changes everytime I try and re-run the script.
Quote Reply
Hi:

I think the problem is that when you are trying tu upload a file in NT, the uploads is stored in a temp file like .\CGItemp4320001 and then renamed to the file appropriately. If I am not wrong the problem is that the web server does not have permission to create this temporary file in the current working directory.

I know what the problem is. However, I am not too sure hoe to solve it. There are a couple of suggestions I have though:
1) change the permissions for the current working directory so that anyone can have create a temporary file in that directory
2) set up the web server so that it can create files on that particular directory

I think solution (2) is probably incorrect. Try solution (1) and ask some WinNT expert on that situation.

Please note that this is not really a problem with the FileMan program at all.

Hope that helps
Sun
Quote Reply
Hey, i have solved this problem... Smile

If the webserver is located on another drive than C:\. D:\ etc

You must make a tempdir on that drive

etc: d:\temp

------------------
Regards
Mr Artic