Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Possible to see file permissions numerically?

Quote Reply
Possible to see file permissions numerically?
Any way that we can modify something to view file permissions numerically instead of rwx-rwx-rwx unix mode? I've never been able to quickly identify with these values but know exactly what's going on with the numerical representation.

I've tried all the file managers out there and can honestly say that this one is the very best plus I can say the same for the editor (text mode). You guys/gals ROCK! Thank you :)
Quote Reply
Re: [zedd] Possible to see file permissions numerically? In reply to
You can easily modify the module GT::FileMan::Commands to return the file permissions numerically. Just find the sub _print_permissions and replace the line below :

return $result;
with:
return $string;

Hope that helps,
Jean
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] Possible to see file permissions numerically? In reply to
Thank you very much, it worked like a charm!

On a different note.... I've noticed everyone gets irritated with the fact that relative URL's will yield pages with placeholder for graphics but no graphic shows up in the editor. After trying every online wysiwyg html editor out there I've found none do a better job than fileman. They all have this limitation that realistically can not be over come without using absolute URL's. I personally don't like online wysiwyg editors and find quick code fixes are better accomplished with a text mode editor. Your editor rocks! I edit cgi, php, js, and all other text file types without any problems.

Thanks again for a fantastic product! (I have a client that may just purchase the full multi-user version now that I've let him mess around with my personal install of FileMan :)