Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Save file with flash macromedia ???

Quote Reply
Save file with flash macromedia ???
Hi,

I can't save the files who use flash macromedia into the web page ?

But the files html is good for modification and save ?

Where is the probleme ???

Thank's for your help

Frédéric
Post deleted by Stealth In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [netkom] Save file with flash macromedia ??? In reply to
I have the same problem.

When I save an edited file when the file has flash embedded in the html, the saved file no longer loads the flash movie. After some playing around with the resulting html file, I have found that the saved file includes a number of new <param> tags, inside the object tag for the flash, which were not in the original file. When I remove these extra <param> tags from the saved file (not using fileman but a text editor), the flash then loads correctly again when viewing over a web site. It appears that fileman is editing the code correctly except when it comes the objects <param> tags.

So, then, it appears that fileman is adding extra <param> tags to the saved file and at least one of these tags is causing the flash movie not to load in the browser. Why is fileman adding the extra <param> tags that were not in the original html file? Perhaps it is a flash compatibility issue of not understanding the default <param> tags that fileman adds but wouldn't it just be easier not to add the extra tags when they weren't called for to begin with?

How can I turn that off - the adding of the extra, uneeded, <param> tags?
Quote Reply
Re: [netkom] Save file with flash macromedia ??? In reply to
I have also had the same problem, and although I cannot help you fix it i do have an easy workaround. If you put the flash code in another file and then include it on the files that are edited fileman does not change the include statements.