Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Tar Archive Corrupt after download

Quote Reply
Tar Archive Corrupt after download
I installed Fileman on my remote host (Apache/1.3.20 Sun Cobalt (Unix)) no problems at all. Everything seemed fine. Main thing I wanted to be able to do was tar & Gz my web site directory, so I could download it to run on my local server for development work, then tar & Gz to upload to remote host and update my site. Everything's find till I try to untar it on my computer. I can unGz, but can't untar. I've tried Winzip 8.1, Winace 2.0, and Stuffit 7.0. All say the tar archive is corrupt or throw up errors.

I did manage to untar it successfully using an old dos (1993) program called "Untar" but I loose all my long filenames, which make it useless. My Server has Compress::Zlib installed , and when I view the archive on the host server , all is find.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also must say that for a free product(single user) Fileman really stands out from the crowd. If someone can fix my problem, I'll be hooked. (have emailed Jack from Gossamer Threads and he said he would look into it, thanks Jack)Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [paulmac] Tar Archive Corrupt after download In reply to
Hi,

We just found a bug in GT::Tar that in rare situations would cause tar files that Winzip or 'tar' would complain as not valid, yet, the program can read from it fine.

Can you replace GT/Tar.pm with the attached file and see if it helps? Unfortunately we fixed that today, about 5 hours after putting 2.0.2 up. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.