Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Uninstall fileman - HELP

Quote Reply
Uninstall fileman - HELP
I ran the fileman installation script and took the defaults and of course the install script placed the images folder in the cgi-bin. I received the same problems that most people have experienced with IE 6 giving me errors each time I try to select something in fileman and of course no images appear (broken links).

The fileman script will not allow me to do anything using it, I can't delete, move, upload, etc. and of course it now has my site locked down so I can do anything via FTP either.

I do not have telnet access, at least I can't get connected via telnet. I do have access via ssh and logged in using ssh and ran the commands you mentioned in other postings to the form to delete the filemen files (rm * and rm -r* etc). When I ran them I got permission denied on all files I tried.

This thing has got my site locked down and I can't do anything to correct it. HELP.

You need to create an uninstall script or something to allow people to easily remove this script from there server.

What can I do, I hate to contact the web host if I don't have to. How can get this thing of the server?
Quote Reply
Re: [pdarnell] Uninstall fileman - HELP In reply to
Quote:
script placed the images folder in the cgi-bin. I received the same problems that most people have experienced with IE 6 giving me errors each time I try to select something in fileman and of course no images appear
Try install it again, make sure that image files must be outside cgi-bin

Quote:
When I ran them I got permission denied on all files I tried
You cannot remove unless you have admin access.

TheStone.

B.