Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

altering the template

Quote Reply
altering the template
Hello,

I am afraid that I can't figure out how to alter the template for fileman. Would appreciate a tip or two.

Bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] altering the template In reply to
Hi Bob,

What exactly are you trying to change? The templates are a bit tricky with all the JavaScript.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] altering the template In reply to
Thanks for the reply Chaz. As a first example, I would like to add some text to the login screen that explains what file man can do, and how my members can get an account.

Bob

Quote Reply
That should be easy enough. Look for the login_form.html file in the templates dir. The templates dir should be located in /path_to_private/fileman/templates.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
That is just what i thought Chaz. I navigated to the directory private/templates. I opened login_form.html in a webauthoring program. I made changes. I uploaded back. I double checked by downloading the login_form.html file. Indeed my changes are there, but when i connect to fileman.cgi through the browser i do not see any changes.

I have attached the login_form.html if that will help.

Thanks again for you help.

bob

Quote Reply
If you are using the multiple users version, then it should be admin_login.html instead of login_form.html

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] altering the template In reply to
Ooops :) Sorry Bob. I was thinking single user version.
Quote Reply
No worries Chaz, I should have been more clear.

Thanks TheStone.

Bob

Quote Reply
Here is another for you TheStone. Where do I go about changing the background color of the login page?

Bob

Quote Reply
Hey Bob,

I'm looking at the single version again but I think this one is the same for both. Look in the directory where you placed the fileman images for the fileman.css file (or the .css file for whatever color scheme you have set up). The page background colors should be:
Code:
.bg_main { background-color: #FFFFFF; }

You might have to monkey with a couple of the other colors as well.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
THanks Charlie!

Do you kinow which class, if any, controls the alternate row color in the folder/file list tables?

Bob

Quote Reply
It looks like it should be .background and .bg_main. Again, I'm using the single version template though. I should go download the multi-version again...

Code:
<tr <%ifnot even%>class="background"<%else%>class="bg_main"<%endif%>>

~Charlie
Quote Reply
That is exactly what I needed to see Charlie. I had to change both admin_main and main to keep things consistent but otherwise no differences.

Thanks again,

Bob

Quote Reply
No problem :)

~Charlie