Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

bug in version 3 with ajax

Quote Reply
bug in version 3 with ajax
I believe that I found a bug. Whenever I upload a second file, the upload monitor just freezes at about 95% complete, and the file never gets uploaded. The first file works fine, but the second file does not. I am using IE7. I see a java error problem in the bottom left-hand corner, but I am not able to click on it to see the exact error message.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] bug in version 3 with ajax In reply to
Thanks, I'll get someone to look at it on Monday.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] bug in version 3 with ajax In reply to
Hello, I am Eiji Hamano.
I also having the same problem with fileman-3.0.0 free version.
I cannot upload second file at any time.
If you have the solution, please let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] bug in version 3 with ajax In reply to
Yep, thats a bug alright. I use IE8 (with all updates). First file is fine, but second does exactly as jdgamble describes. The multiple upload works fine (the 'upload files' link to the right of the blue question mark). Clicking on the upload button again has no affect, however if you click on any other button, then back to the upload, its fine. It seems, maybe, something is not resetting (total guess).
Yep, thats me in my Straight Jacket, and yes its a real one :)
Quote Reply
Re: [pagesbytom] bug in version 3 with ajax In reply to
This is way beyond my abilities, but if someone else can make sense of this, I found the error created when you try to upload a second file from the 'single file' upload input. I tried updating the jquery.min.js with two other updated versions, and no longer got the error, but it would just lock up on the second upload. The debugger says...

Permission denied jquery.min.js, line 25 character 8755

And the text that is highlighted as the error is...

Code:
var pass=(" "+r.className+" ").indexOf(m)>=0;
That is not showing right, even with the CODE brackets. There is an "[", i, and "]" after the +r

There was also one other that popped in there, but I don't think it deals with the upload ??

Object doesn't support this property or method fileman.js, line 1692 character 5

The text highlighted as the error is...
Code:

var $body = $('.contentframe table[class="foldertab"]');
Yep, thats me in my Straight Jacket, and yes its a real one :)
Quote Reply
Re: [pagesbytom] bug in version 3 with ajax In reply to
Addendum: I tried Firefox, and did not get this error. The upload worked perfect. I really do not want to hear anyone start on IE. I get it enough from my friends. The error did happen with both ie7 and ie8 and ie7 compatibility mode. I can tell the .css was written for IE because Firefox shows a mass list of CSS errors.