Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

install help

Quote Reply
install help
Hello

I installed fileman and everything went just fine. I then attempted to login to the admin as directed, using my username and password I chose during setup. I have shown a picture of what happens everytime I attempt to log in. I am using the exact user name and password chosen in the setup. What can I do to repair this issue??

Thanks for the help!

Robert

Login form
Invalid Username and Password. User name: Password:
Quote Reply
Re: [rmorton] install help In reply to
Hi Robert,

You will need to edit the file named ConfigData.pm and reset the user name and password. It should be located in the same directory as fileman.cgi. Look for something like this in the fil:

Code:
{
'cookie' => '1',
'username' => 'me'
'password' => 'i_forgot_it',
'html_root_url' => 'http://localhost4/images/fileman',
'reg_number' => undef,
#....some more config below
};

First off, make sure you are using the same user name as in the username key/value pair and the same password as in the password key/value pair. Change them if needed. That should get you going.

[edit]
Almost forgot, the user name and password are case sensative.
[/edit]

Regards,
Charlie

Last edited by:

Chaz: Jan 10, 2003, 5:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] install help In reply to
Hello,

Thank you for the help. I did check the ConfigData.pm file and the admin USERNAME and PASSWORD was correct and exactly what I was using. I removed the files and reinstalled, same condition. Made sure I pointed to the proper directories for perl, ect...

Can you think of anything else on why I can't get this script to run.

Thanks again,

Robert
Quote Reply
It looks like you will have to wait for Jean or The Stone (staff/moderators for fileman) to take a look at it. I haven't encountered this problem before. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Hi Robert

Try to change the CGI.pm you might have the same problem as i had after the install.

It did work....Wink

regards

jk

Last edited by:

jk: Jan 13, 2003, 4:43 AM
Quote Reply
Hello rmorton,

Are you trying to install on Win 95/98/NT4/NT2000/XP or Unix/Linux/BSD or Mac ?

R U Using Apache ? R U using IIS 4 / 5 or a DOS web service ?

I just did a quick download and install of fileman for Apache on Win Xp and it worked perfectly first time.

Just so Ya know :

Doing an install of fileman for Apache on Win XP does not really require any permissions. [this is a home computer ]

So most likely you maybe running into a file read/write permission error during the install.

I assume you are not installing as "root" , if you install from the web as instructed in the readme file.

You probably have not looked in the web server error log either for errors ?

hope this helps

cornball
Quote Reply
Re: [jk] install help In reply to
Thanks for your help. What is it that I need to change in the CGI.pm file? I don't know why I am having trouble with this install, I have installed many scripts and never had a bit of trouble. I must just be overlooking something.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Hi Robert

I really haven't got a cloue what * the Stone, Gossamer Threads* did change in the CGI.pm.

The only thing i know is, that fileman multiuser v 2.03 has its bugs Crazy....

Please have a closer look at the forum " Ver 2.0.3 - Jun3, 2002" from kjellkk. you'll find it on site 3 of this forum.

As a matter of facts, you did not mention the version of your fileman, nor did you describe your problems exactly, f. ex. with cut and paste of the screen or something like that. So i can only guess what kind of problems you have. Just change the original CGI.pm with the attached one and have another try. It should work with that.

jk
Quote Reply
Re: [jk] install help In reply to
I've got the same problem. I installed via a browser. Then, when I tried to run, the password dialog popped up with my user name, but wouldn't agree with my password. I checked in the config file and the username and password were as I had typed.

I can't see the version right now, but I downloaded it Feb 1, 2003.

When you say swap out the CGI.pm - are you referring to THE CGI.PM of Lincoln Stein?

OK. I found CGI.pm and I replaced it with another one that was attached to a message. It worked.

Last edited by:

rickm1: Feb 3, 2003, 10:41 PM