Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

premature end of script header?

Quote Reply
premature end of script header?
please be patient with me, Im kinda new at this... I uploaded the fileman script to hypermart, which supports cgi, and has perl installed, im not sure about that other library mentioned in the readme file, but i will get there in a bit.

My problem is, I have changed the directory names and stuff to where it should work, but whenever I try to run it, I get an 500 internal server error, claiming "premature end of script header", my cgi errorlog doesnt elaborate on that. I have looked over it, and cannot find anything that looks wrong. One question, when I edited the files, I used the servers internal text editor to make a few changes, before that, I used wordpad to edit the files, could that have screwed up the line feed? I've heard of that causing other problems before... thank you
Quote Reply
Re: premature end of script header? In reply to
Hi dsimmons:

I think you are right that the linefeed is improper. What you need to do is to make sure that you upload the fileman program in ASCII mode and not binary mode. Please give this a try and tell me whether it worked or not.

Cheers
Sun