Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

[BUG REPORT Comm 0.9.1] Import > 0,00334104% Users dissapears

Quote Reply
[BUG REPORT Comm 0.9.1] Import > 0,00334104% Users dissapears
Hello Alex!

A very intensive hunting resulted into this post.

There is nothing wrong in the fields data of the users but out of total X Users there were only X - 0,00334104 % users imported rest dissapeared. 91 in total.

I have checked each and every corner of data fields. There is'nt any exclamation, quote, comma, etc.

I created a field with auto-increment and let it change back without autoincrement/primary. After Username was Primary. That's how I have an identification of which exactly the user got disappeared.

In the import, comm_users did have some users less. No errors were reported and a file was not exported.

By paging up, I saw each and every line where I could see the comm_id and the next field was the user_number I created earlier. Found out exactly the line where the number did not match.

Got the user that got disappeared in the import and saw the data.

Not a single error or anything doubtful thing in there.

Copied anathor user into that field. That field did not get imported.

For e.g. 870 was the user_num in Links Table.

In the comm_users the comm_id = 869 user_num = 869

but comm_id = 870 user_num = 871 !!!

User number 870 got disappeared. Mad

Thats the problem. Is it possible to have anything to trace the problem, like print or echo ... etc? Debug is = 1.

Last edited by:

dearnet: Jun 1, 2003, 11:20 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [dearnet] [BUG REPORT Comm 0.9.1] Import > 0,00334104% Users dissapears In reply to
Hi,

We've redone a lot of the import in Beta 3. Can you test it out there? If it doesn't work, can you send me a gzip of the database you are importing from and details on what settings you used during import?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] [BUG REPORT Comm 0.9.1] Import > 0,00334104% Users dissapears In reply to
Hi!

Thanks.

I will word with the next beta. Will report soon. What I did not check is a couple of links in the earlier field which may have given the crash of the next following field.

I will be going though the next beta rather thoroughly.