Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

[BUG REPORT comm 0.9.2] Login LSQL/GMAIL/GFORUM

Quote Reply
[BUG REPORT comm 0.9.2] Login LSQL/GMAIL/GFORUM
Hello Alex!

I have the same problem of Login!

There are three users in the Links_users table. This I imported to comm_users. No problem.

Three users were registered through comm_ signup.

With all the users I can login and logout in the comm. The sessions_id + the cookies are also getting deleted fine.

Links SQL

With Links If I go to Login, I am diverted to comm. Can login. Thereafter it diverts to Links through the URL redirect as desired. But there a Login in the top appears meaning thereby, it has loaded no_auth_include.html. When I click on modify.cgi or add.cgi, it immediately recognises and gets contact_name + contact_email! This is a wrong sequence.

GMAIL + GFORUM

After clicking on the login from admin in both the apps, it diverts to the comm login page. Login is fine. But thereafter it does not divert back to the page where it should go back.

It holds at the main profile page.

User Registration

A user could be registered from one application through comm and login happens fine through other application. Passwords are also inserted in the applications users table except the Links SQL.

Question

Is it possible to remove primary key from Username in Links SQL and have one user_id in there? Will it affect the functioning of the application?

If thats the case, all the applications would then follow a user_id for a consistent internal structure. This could be extremely helpful for Offline working with the tables.
Quote Reply
Re: [dearnet] [BUG REPORT comm 0.9.2] Login LSQL/GMAIL/GFORUM In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
With Links If I go to Login, I am diverted to comm. Can login. Thereafter it diverts to Links through the URL redirect as desired. But there a Login in the top appears meaning thereby, it has loaded no_auth_include.html. When I click on modify.cgi or add.cgi, it immediately recognises and gets contact_name + contact_email! This is a wrong sequence.

Edit: Never mind, I understand what you mean. Are you redirect to a static url, or to page.cgi? If it's a static URL, then it will always say Login, as it can't change. I just tested it with page.cgi and it showed Logout properly. If you are using page.cgi and refresh the browser does it still display Login?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Last edited by:

Alex: Jun 12, 2003, 12:47 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
GMAIL + GFORUM

After clicking on the login from admin in both the apps, it diverts to the comm login page. Login is fine. But thereafter it does not divert back to the page where it should go back.

It holds at the main profile page.

Did you update the plugin in Gossamer Mail? If you go to login.cgi it should redirect you to webmail.cgi. Once you go to webmail.cgi then if you are logged into Community, it will let you in. If you are not logged into Community, you will get redirected to Community login page with url=http://yoursite/webmail.cgi.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] [BUG REPORT comm 0.9.2] Login LSQL/GMAIL/GFORUM In reply to
Hi!

All the plug-ins installed where is should be, i.e. in all the products and are the latest as in the distribution. A brand new installation for ther test.

The redirect does NOT happen in GForum and GMail. Its the login.cgi that gets to community.cgi but the redirect URL back to the Gmail and GForum does not occur and hangs in the community.

Thats the problem. I need to see if there is a mistake somewhere I made in the paths URL though and think more about it.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] [BUG REPORT comm 0.9.2] Login LSQL/GMAIL/GFORUM In reply to
Hi!

In my installation it shows a bit different.

I will see if I can print an image and upload it for you to see the sequence. Will get back.
Quote Reply
Quote:
A user could be registered from one application through comm and login happens fine through other application. Passwords are also inserted in the applications users table except the Links SQL.

Can you explain what you mean about this a bit more?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.