Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

[NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapsByCity

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapsByCity
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of GoogleMapsByCity

This plugin lets you have a pay (on community.cgi?map=1), to show your visitors where your users are located (only as close as the City in their Country).

It uses the Google API system, to get longitude and latitude values for the city, and then this is shown on the map.

I've done some tests with this, in the UK,US, Germany, Australia, and more - and all of them seem to work well Smile

Price: $65

This plugin is also part of the Community ULTRA Package [ details ] [ view plugins ]

Details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ogleMapsByCity_L253/ (screenshots can also be found on this page)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: May 2, 2008, 6:02 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapsByCity In reply to
Hi,

Seems there was a problem with the install file (for some reason, GComm wasn't making the table :/) . I moved the table creation bit further up the Install.pm file - and it works now)

I've uploaded the fixed version to our Members Area (same version number =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Matthias has agreed I can post this link - so people can see the plugin working :)

http://www.gpaed.de/.../community.cgi?map=1

We've edited it a little bit - so it zooms in on Germany , where all (99%) of the users are based - so it doesn't look silly <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hm, the map is interesting indeed ;)

Code:
The system encountered a fatal error: GT::Plugins (7682): Error running plugin 'PRE' hook 'Plugins::Community::GoogleMapsByCity::doit': Global symbol "$hit" requires explicit package name at /www/htdocs/v030672/cgi-bin/community/private/lib/Plugins/Community/GoogleMapsByCity.pm line 574.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /www/htdocs/v030672/cgi-bin/community/private/lib/Plugins/Community/GoogleMapsByCity.pm line 598.
Compilation failed in require at GT::Plugins::_load_hook line 290.
at community.cgi line 73.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapsByCity In reply to
Whoops,all fixed :P (Matthias asked me to make a couple of changes - saved with an extra character :P)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
I'm getting the following error after a server change.
Many cities are called fine, but the scipts stops suddenly and that's the error message ?!?
Code:
Undefined subroutine &JSON::Syck::Load called at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Geo/Query/LatLong.pm line 120.

Do you have an idea what's wrong

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapsByCity In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, nt sure :/

You tried re-installing Geo::Query::LatLong ?

Otherwise, check JSON::Syck is also installed (could be that its missing)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
you are right. JSON::Syck was missing.
Thanks

Matthias
gpaed.de