Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

[Suggestion] Resync database

Quote Reply
[Suggestion] Resync database
Alex, a Resync database feature would be fine on the Database > Customize Profile page.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] [Suggestion] Resync database In reply to
Thanks, I'll look at putting that in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Resync database In reply to
Is there any way to do a resync manually??
I had to update my database paths and in LSQL I need to resync the database to get it to work; suppose I need to do so in Community as well.

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] Resync database In reply to
What resync does, is match the .def file, to the database table, for speed and performance reasons.

If the actual table in Links/etc has the same fields as your community database, then you probably don't need to resync. If youve made changes to the tables in Community, you might have to.

When a program like community accesses a database in a remote/associated app, it will fetch that .def file, and as long as that matches the associated database, it should be ok.

If community uses the same routines/libraries as the other SQL apps, you should be able to issue a resync command.

I'm not quite up to speed on community, but I'm getting there. I'll look into this as well as the email headers. It's an option I used to put into my links plugins that used custom tables, and it should be built into our plugins for community as well.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.