Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
BETA 2 ??
Hi,

when will a Community-Beta2-Release be out for download with all the bugs fixed mentioned in this forum so far?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] BETA 2 ?? In reply to
Sheesh, the first preview release was only released a day or two ago and Alex has a lot of posts and bug reports to go through Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] BETA 2 ?? In reply to
Tongue Yes I know,

but as he wrote he has already fixed some of the bugs !!!

And for example deleting line 43 (i.e. the one with 'return 1;') in the file private/libs/Community/Apps/Local/GForum.pm wouldn't take more than 10 minutes or am I wrong?

My point is just the one, that I want to download a BETA version (I am not talking about a FINAL version), where those reported bugs are fixed.

Tongue

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Probably Alex will wait another couple of days and release a new version next week waiting for some other bug to fix...

Deleting line 43 wouldn't take no more than 1 minute! 10 minutes?? Tongue
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] BETA 2 ?? In reply to
Tongue10 minutes! (including updating the downloadable files!)

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
I would think that Alex would wait until the number of problems/bugs mentioned here slowed down before he released an upated version.

It wouldn't really be very helpful to anybody to have a new Beta X version released every few days. It would make much more sense to fix all outstanding problems between releases.

Many fixes are being posted here, so there's not an urgent need to have an updated version available to download.

Even a simple fix requires several stages, including:-

Editing the code itself
Editing the headers of every file (to read Beta X.X)
Editing the Changelog
Archiving the files
Uploading the archive

The more changes that are made in one go, the more efficient it is for everyone - even the end users who download the updates.