Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Community::ModPerl::Access

Quote Reply
Community::ModPerl::Access
I just discovered the Community::ModPerl::Access module, which allows you to protect directories such that only logged in users can access them (requires mod_perl).

1) While the POD explains how to set up httpd.conf, I did not succeed in setting up a .htaccess file to protect a directory. Could someone enlighten me about what I have to put into my .htaccess files?

2) Does this method work for pages served by the mod_perl server or does it also work for pages server by the lightweight apache server (in dual apache server setup like at Gossamer Host)?

Thanks for the help.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Community::ModPerl::Access In reply to
I'm very interested in this too!
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Community::ModPerl::Access In reply to
Hi,

1. It works ok for me, I'll send you a private message with URL's.

2. Because you are authenticating via a mod_perl handler, it requires that the request goes through a mod_perl server. You could use the dual server setup by proxying all requests to the mod_perl server that you need protected, not just perl pages.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Community::ModPerl::Access In reply to
Don't sure I understand...
With a standard mod_perl setup it wouldn't be possible to protect directories of any content (so not just perl scripts)?
If yes, It would be possible to have the same feature with a workaround without the proxy setup?
Thanks
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Community::ModPerl::Access In reply to
Hi,

As long as the request goes through a mod_perl server, then it will work properly. If you have a dual apache setup where only requests for perl scripts go through the mod_perl server, then it won't work as the request for the static content you are trying to protect never hits the mod_perl server.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.