Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Community API

Quote Reply
Community API
Will you provide a provisioning API to remotely add, edit users? what about integration with billing systems? is GT community COPPA compliant? can you add an image/word validation scheme to prevent robots creating users in bulk? Can you integrate Community with Microsoft Passport? You can download passport API's for .NET from Microsoft's Home page.

Last edited by:

Alex: Jan 29, 2003, 9:19 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Community API In reply to
Hi,

I detatched this post into it's own thread.

To start, the Community API will only be for authentication and to get/set the profile. The API will be available as perl libs, php libs, or via http.

We are finishing up a set of payment modules for common third party payment providers, and once done, we do plan to integrate them into Community (so you can charge fees for sign ups, charge subscriptions to applications, etc).

Community out of the box is not COPPA compliant, but you can insert a gateway page to the signup screen by just adding a template (which has a link asking the users age).

You can set email address validation on to prevent robots from mass adding users.

You can not integrate Community with Passport (or at least it's not designed to be).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Community API In reply to
Hi Alex,

I just wanted to make a suggestion about another payment option. Verisign is really pushing thier Verisign Payment Systems now and will surely make a dent in this area based upon the security tie in as well as the domain registration marketing tie in with the old NetSol.

You may want to look at this as a potential payment solution.

Thanks! Great application!

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Community API In reply to
Alex, you will also want to take a look at co-registration options and maybe sell that as a community plug in. co-registration allows you to target offers to new users based on demographics.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Any chance you'd be willing to elaborate on which payment gateway providers you're developing modules for? (Personally I'm interested to know whether Authorize.net will be supported.)

Thanks,
Adam

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
I think that image/word validation scheme (what I saw first time at Yahoo) would be really a useful feature... I would welcome this feature it in Community.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] Community API In reply to
In Reply To:
(Personally I'm interested to know whether Authorize.net will be supported.)

Yes, Authorize.net is one of the supported providers.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Community API In reply to
Will WorldPay be supported?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Alex, is it possible to create custom plans for billing into community?
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Community API In reply to
In Reply To:
Will WorldPay be supported?

I second that request for Worldpay support Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Community API In reply to
Hi,

We are looking into this. With the the payment modules all done for Gossamer Forum, we will be looking at how best to implement it into Community as well.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.