Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Correct behaviour?

Quote Reply
Correct behaviour?
Hi. I have a bit of a weird one here. I havn't really played with GComm that much (appart from writing our support ticket system), which didn't really use the features that I am about to talk about.

Basically, when using a routine (in a .pm file), you seem to have to use;

Code:
print "something here";

return;

Note the 'return' part.. is there any reason for this? I didn't have it in there to start with, and it kept on giving me errors about the template '1' not existing or something Frown

Can anyone shed any light on this?

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Correct behaviour? In reply to
Hi Andy,

this is not an anser to your question, but I heard something like support system. Is that for community and is that available for purchase?

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: [vacationrentals] Correct behaviour? In reply to
Yeah, its a pretty basic support ticket system. It can be made ready to sell... but it would need bit of tidying up. Maybe you could PM me if you want to see a demo (I'll get you setup with a test account).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Do you have a specific set of code to look at?

I think I have an idea, but I need to see where it's happening.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Hi,

In Gossamer Community, all the functions are expected to return a template name, template variables and template parsing options that will then go to user_page() for printing. If you do "return;" and don't return anything, then nothing will be printed. Without that, your function returns 1 (the return value of print), and community thinks that is what you want to print.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Correct behaviour? In reply to
Ok, I was close, really close, <G>

But that explanation helps a lot :) Thanks.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.