Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Error in user signup

Quote Reply
Error in user signup
I just installed a version of community for testing purposes. I also have links application with plugin installed. When I try to import users into community, its says there are 0 found. I have tried changing keywords, creating new dbs, and reinstalling the plugin in links and application in community. There is still no users found (I have 2: admin, and bob). Everything else seems to be working properly until a new user signs up. I get this message after filling out the signup form in community:

Quote:

Unable to load Links SQL because: Bareword "GT::Date::FORMAT_DATE" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /path/to/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 879.
Compilation failed in require at /path/to/private/lib/Community/Apps/Local/LinksSQL.pm line 169.

I'm sure the two problems are related. Any ideas?

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] Error in user signup In reply to
Well spotted. I tried it on my site and got exactly the same:

Quote:
There were the following problems processing your signup:

Unable to load Links SQL because: Bareword "GT::Date::FORMAT_DATE" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/audiotd/public_html/cgi-bin/glinks/admin/Links.pm line 879.
Compilation failed in require at /path/to/priv/lib/Community/Apps/Local/LinksSQL.pm line 169.

Wasn't this "GT::Date::FORMAT_DATE" introduced in the recent LSQL update?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Error in user signup In reply to
Yup, your right. After upgrading, my regular links installation is doing the same thing...

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] Error in user signup In reply to
A quick fix for this is to copy GT/Date.pm from glinks to community's GT libraries. Looks like we'll have to release an updated community with the newest libraries.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error in user signup In reply to
That's cured it, thanks. Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error in user signup In reply to
Thank you, that definately fixed my second problem! Good quick fix!

I am still having my first problem (with both of my installations of community). Bascially the problem is this: If I add a user to my links db manually (Editor -> Users -> Add), then GCommunity does not find the user to import (Application -> Links -> Enable/Disable Users). The reason this is a problem is because I have some users from before I installed Community that are not being found to import. Is it not supposed to find them? Is there another way to import them? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

- Jonathan