Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Error message does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly

Quote Reply
Error message does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly
Hi,

I am able to log on as the Admin user. Then when I select on of the main menu options I get the errors:

The system encountered a fatal error:

GT::SQL (817): File '/usr/home/sites/www.yogateaching.com/web/community/defs/commcomm_users.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /usr/home/sites/www.yogateaching.com/web/community/lib/Community.pm line 505.

GT::SQL::error => GT::SQL (817): File '/usr/home/sites/www.yogateaching.com/web/community/defs/commcomm_users.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /usr/home/sites/www.yogateaching.com/web/community/lib/Community.pm line 505.

However, I have found the files on the server and changed the permissions to RW, so I am confused what wrong. I am sure it is something obvious.

Rod

-----------------------------------------------
Yoga teachers forum / Ringtones for Australia, UK

Last edited by:

rh: Mar 21, 2004, 5:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rh] Error message does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly In reply to
Hi,

I hit this too. I forget how I triggered it, but it has to do with community *not* liking you to mess with the table prefix at all :) Not anywhere <G>

Most likely

commcomm_users.def

Is the problem. Get rid of the extra "comm" in front of it, probably need to manually edit your config file (there is a problem with the current community and with Links 2.1x in editing/changing the table prefixes).

I can't remember *why* I ended up with that, or what I was trying to do, but when I changed everything back to just

comm_*.def

It worked ok.

Forgot about posting this, or telling alex about it. It was during one of my really late nights, and I was just glad to get things working again.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.