Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2

Quote Reply
GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2
I just got the Gossamer Community up and running on my sytem

and installed the linksql plugin, imported the linksql users to GC,and ive set the AutoCreate User to yes,i can login to community as admin and as user but if i go to my linksql site and try to add a link or anything it redirect me back to the community page, i guess that means the linksql users are not been validated, how can i make that work?

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: [Doc_] GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Just another thing

ive tryed to remove the Link plugin and when i click on unistall plugin it gives me that message

This will remove the plugin completely. Once removed, only users in your Gossamer Forum User table will be able to log in

is that normal?

i havent installed any forum plugin so i dont get it why it says forum instead of linksql?

and also when the plugin is unistalled it deletes the users table on my linksql database so all users data that i had before is gone completly i did that twice and same thing happens first time was even worse it removed the users data and also all my links on my database,im just testing things out,and i was lucky cause i had made a copy of my linksql database,this is weird.

Last edited by:

Doc_: Feb 11, 2003, 10:18 AM
Quote Reply
Doc:

I found with my install, that I nedded to go in and update all the users you imported into comm_users. Find the field with the name of your Links install, and that should all be set to one. Try setting those all to 2, and see if that helps...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Hi,carfac

Thanks for the reply,sorry if i took long to answer to your post but today was a very busy day for me.

In Reply To:
Doc:

I found with my install, that I nedded to go in and update all the users you imported into comm_users. Find the field with the name of your Links install, and that should all be set to one. Try setting those all to 2, and see if that helps...

I just tryed that now a couple of times and it didnt work it continues to redirect me to community page.
ive changed all values on my comm_users table from 1 to 2 as you mentioned but it doesnt seams to work.

also i was checking my server error log and saw this

GT::Plugins (1428): Plugin pre auth_valid_session stopped further plugins. at C:/modperl/lnksql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99.
GT::Plugins (1428): Plugin pre auth_redirect_login stopped further plugins. at C:/modperl/lnksql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99.
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Feb/2003:03:51:54 -0500] "GET /modperl/linksql/add.cgi HTTP/1.1" 302 422

Does anyone knows what that means?

what else can i try?

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by:

Doc_: Feb 12, 2003, 1:08 AM
Quote Reply
Doc:

Well, from the error, it looks like you have the plugin installed.... also looks like you are using mod_perl. Did you try restarting the server?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Quote:
also i was checking my server error log and saw this

GT::Plugins (1428): Plugin pre auth_valid_session stopped further plugins. at C:/modperl/lnksql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99.
GT::Plugins (1428): Plugin pre auth_redirect_login stopped further plugins. at C:/modperl/lnksql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99.
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Feb/2003:03:51:54 -0500] "GET /modperl/linksql/add.cgi HTTP/1.1" 302 422

Does anyone knows what that means?

Yep it is just debugging and not an error.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Hi,guys

Yes i restarted the server.

just one thing though my linksql is installed under modperl and community is installed under cgi because alex told me that community is not ready to deal with modperl yet.

I still need some help to make it work so all sugestions is more then welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by:

Doc_: Feb 12, 2003, 11:59 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,carfac

I just decided to try installing both scripts under cgi to see if there was any difference, and guess what after i did the changes that you've mentioned on your post the community worked fine for the user that i created, BUT if i create another user account,i still have to enable that user manually in order for em to get access to my linksql site even with the AutoCreate User set to YES.

Ok i just find out in the hard way that, not only community has to be installed under cgi but all GTSCRIPTS as well in order for it to work. so heres some questions to Alex or anyone who is able to answer it

1- How can we set the authentication right so we dont need to be enabling users manually at this point ( at least for now, untill we wait for the second beta to come out).

2-Is there a workaround solution for the linksql so we can keep em under modperl?...... it doesnt seams to make sense to me that in order to use the community script we have to sacrifice that much and do a drawback of all our GTScipts to cgi, so is there a workaround for that problem as well?

Thanks.

Last edited by:

Doc_: Feb 12, 2003, 1:50 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2 In reply to
It may be debugging, but it's 3.6 meg worth in under 2 days.

Can't turn it off in the admin.

Any idea where it's at to swat?

I was about to post and ask Alex/etc about this.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] GC Login problem with LinkSQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Got'em.... Plugin.pm

Line 99 & 120 are missing :

if ($self->{_debug})

at the end.

<groan>
didn't work. Still writing to the log at that point.

Even commented them out. Stubborn.

>>>> Seems you have to make this change to the Plugins.pm file in Gossamer Forum and Links SQL as well.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.

Last edited by:

pugdog: Feb 13, 2003, 1:18 AM