Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Gmail Accounts And Gcommunity accounts

Quote Reply
Gmail Accounts And Gcommunity accounts
I do believe at one time when I deleted a user from the community, the user in gmail and all their mails were deleted. I now find that deleting a user from gc does noto remove the user from gmail and the mail messages left behind have to be removed by hand. Can this be a permission problem with one of the gc or gm files?
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] Gmail Accounts And Gcommunity accounts In reply to
This is really becoming an issue. Removing users accounts that is. How should a user be removed perminately in the case of total deletion. I used the gmail admin screen and logged into a users account, and left that window open. Then I deleted the username from gc and gmail and i can still navigate through the webmail interface under a user that has been deleted several times. The only way to remove the users email was to purge messages sent to and from the users email account.
Quote Reply
I stumbled onto this. Could this be the reason for my troubles?

GT::SQL (11139): Cannot open file '/home/Tesdfs/comPrivate/defs/database.def'. Reason: Permission denied at /home/Tesdfs/comPrivate/lib/Community/SQL.pm line 27.

GT::SQL::error => GT::SQL (11139): Cannot open file '/home/Tesdfs/comPrivate/defs/database.def'. Reason: Permission denied at /home/Tesdfs/comPrivate/lib/Community/SQL.pm line 27
Quote Reply
The file permissions to these files are correct and this is line 27

my $ret = $DB->set_connect ({

Quote Reply
What user/group is /home/Tesdfs/comPrivate/defs set as? It could be that it has been written with a different username (i.e "root" or "apache"), which then stops it being accessable by files with a different owner.

It may be easier to just log in via SSH/Telnet, and type;

Code:
cd /home/Tesdfs/comPrivate
ls -l -H

...and then paste the part about database.def (size, permissions, etc).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Reason: Permission denied
This holds the key :)

Your gmail problem as mentioned in other thread on gmail forum i guess is related to similar thing at least I am pretty convinced on this issue... In case you already have GT staff looking into it, then stop breaking your head as they would fix it...

Installation of any GT Products goes trouble free if the bare minimum do's are followed and adhered to.

HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Gmail Accounts And Gcommunity accounts In reply to
-rw-r--r-- 1 gmailUser gmailUser 30051 Jul 31 10:33 checksums.dat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 gmailUser gmailUser 2365 Aug 24 19:23 community.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 gmailUser gmailUser 97280 Jul 31 10:33 datatest
drwxrwxrwx 2 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 May 28 06:17 defs
drwxr-xr-x 2 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 May 28 06:12 fonts
drwxr-xr-x 5 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 May 28 06:12 lib
drwxr-xr-x 6 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 May 28 06:12 Plugins
-rw-r--r-- 1 gmailUser gmailUser 106750 Jul 31 10:33 realTime
drwxr-xr-x 4 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 Aug 23 00:26 templates
drwxrwxrwx 2 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 Jun 3 05:22 tmp
drwxr-xr-x 2 gmailUser gmailUser 4096 May 28 06:12 tools
-rw-r--r-- 1 gmailUser gmailUser 97035 Jul 31 10:33 userschange
Quote Reply
Is "gmailUser" the correct user? Seems a bit odd to have the username the same as the product being used Unsure

Normally its something like;

login with username "test", and then all files are owned by "test".

The chances are, the above is your problem ... as the CHMOD's on those files look ok.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Gmail Accounts And Gcommunity accounts In reply to
Gmail was an example user account of the real account name, and it is the correct user. So for some reason there is a permission error on a file that is owned by the same user that is executing it. very odd and hard to troubleshoot. Unless it is related to the mod_perl installation. I will give it a little more thought, but there are other issues I am having with my server configuration and using gossamer mail.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you are still stuck, please feel free to send me an email with login info and steps on how I can reproduce the problem and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.