Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Hide fields in signup

Quote Reply
Hide fields in signup
Hi,

I would like the singup form to only ask for the username, password (and repeat it), email (and repeat it), first name and last name and finally the security image.

I have quite a few other fields like birthday, company, male/female etc but that I don't need to be filled in until afterwards.

I was thinking about finding a way to say if it'd on the signup page then only show this but I'm not really sure how to filter the fields from the second part of fields that are generated.

I suppose I can just hard code them but was wondering if anybody knew of a nicer way to do it ?

Thanks

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Hide fields in signup In reply to
Go to:

Setup
User Signup
signup_restricted_profile

and highlight all the fields you want to hide. Make sure that your database isn't setup with 'not null' on any of the fields.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Hide fields in signup In reply to
Hi Alba,

Thanks for your advice, the problem is that I want them to be able to modify those fields after having signed up but make the signup process faster and look faster by not showing them in the initial signup page.

Cheers, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Hi,

Unfortuantely if the auto generated form doesn't work for you, you'll need to hard code just the fields you want displayed.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Hide fields in signup In reply to
Hi Alex,

I see you've been on another of your "I'm going to answer a load of questions" spree. In my case I had thought of just doing a hard coded page but wasn't sure about getting the security image, but I've only slept two hours today and can't remember exactly how far I got with that idea. So I'll get back to you on that idea. When is you're next "answer spree" scheduled Tongue

Thanks,

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Hi,

The auto generated profile form is seperate from the security image, so you can replace one without affecting the other.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Hide fields in signup In reply to
Oh Thanks Alex, that's a very nice bed time story for me to think about. I'll let you know if it leads to the much appreciated sweet dreams I've heard about Smile

Thanks for the info,

John
Significant Media